Shopping for certain products is easy. If you want a fast food hamburger, you have a few well-known establishments from which to choose. If you’re looking to purchase some products to stain a deck or tend to weeds in your lawn, you most likely go to your local hardware store or one of a couple bigger, nationwide home improvement stores.
Investing in a more expensive product often requires more research and comparison. Usually, you can read customer reviews online or find ratings published by consumer organizations. When purchasing a homogenizer, however, it may be harder for you to obtain the advice needed to make the right decision.
First, let’s do a little refresher on homogenization. The primary methods used for homogenization include ultrasonic, mechanical and high-pressure, and homogenizers are used across multiple industries, such as:
- Pharmaceutical: vaccines, antibiotics, cancer treatment and medicinal creams.
- Food and Beverage: mayonnaise, ice cream, cream liqueurs, salad dressings, dairy products and more.
- Biotech: creation of cost-effective medicines, modification of microorganisms, synthesization of chemicals and development of alternative biofuels.
Based on these details, the first step in finding a homogenizer manufacturer in asking yourself the following questions:
- Why do I need one?
- What differentiates one homogenizer from similar ones on the market?
- Does my product require a specific particle size?
- Which accessories are recommended and/or required for optimal performance?
- What motor power does my product require?
- Do I have a desired tube capacity and/or mixing speed?
By understanding the available options and what can best help you accomplish your specific homogenization goals, you are better equipped to select a manufacturer to meet your specific needs. It’s important to choose a manufacturer who will work with you to customize a homogenizer that delivers the best possible results. Some companies are able to customize the forces in their homogenizers to suit your application. Some even produce separate homogenizers for each phase of drug development.
Consistency is essential in homogenization, so employing the services of a manufacturer who aids you in reproducing reliable results is imperative. They should offer a homogenizer that is easy to scale and enables the product developer to quickly apply a wide variety of mixing techniques to a formulation. The manufacturer should have a reputation for reliability, offer customer referrals and provide you with at least once demonstration of their product(s).
Once you’ve decided on a manufacturer from which to purchase your homogenizer, factors to consider when choosing a brand and model include:
- Sample types.
- Maximum operating pressure.
- Mixing speed.
- Processing setup.
- Processing range.
BEE International: The Right Choice for the Best Reproducible Results
Our technology achieves superior results for nano emulsions, cell lysis, uniform particle reduction and related applications, and we offer homogenizers that are high-quality, customizable and reliable. Plus, we provide unparalleled customer service from demo to purchase and beyond. Contact us today for more information on our entire line of homogenization equipment.