When it comes to making a big purchase, people always want to get the best possible product for the lowest possible price. The internet has made it easy to do research, and these days most of us weigh up the pros and cons, read reviews, and compare product specifications before taking the plunge. The following article may help if you are in the market for a homogenizer. Common mistakes include:
1. Not Defining YOUR Needs
Different manufacturers and products have different requirements. Before you buy, it’s well worth your while to put pen to paper and clearly outline exactly what you need in a homogenizer. Think about:
- Will it be running around the clock, or only a few times a month?
- What kind of volumes will you be processing?
- What are the regulatory requirements associated with manufacturing your product?
- Do you have any other specific needs e.g. pasteurization, SCADA or CIP
2. Not Testing Before Purchase
Processing your product on the homogenizer is the best way of determining whether or not it will be a good fit. Although not always possible, processing it yourself in your own facility is first prize. This way, you can determine ease of use and cleaning, safety features, noise levels, compatibility with your other equipment, how many operators are needed, and more.
3. Not Thinking Ahead
A large and expensive piece of equipment is seldom a once-off purchase. Things go wrong, things get old and they break. For this reason, you should always choose your homogenizer vendor with great care. Think about:
- Do they have a reliable reputation?
- Is there good after-sales support available?
- Are they local or international? If the latter, could language and distance be a barrier?
- Do they provide training and technical support?
- Do they provide maintenance, and what about the availability of spare parts?
BEE International: Your Leading Supplier of High Pressure Homogenizers
BEE International is a respected company with representation worldwide. We have been in operation for over two decades and have homogenizers in commercial and academic laboratories across the globe.
We provide free installations of our DeBEE high pressure homogenizers, and we pride ourselves in offering lifetime product training. Contact us for professional servicing by trained technicians and inquire about our annual Preventive Maintenance Agreements.
We offer free, confidential sample testing at our Massachusetts facility. Send us a sample of your product and we will process it on a DeBEE2000 High Pressure Homogenizer. Your processed sample, along with a detailed analysis and report, will be returned so that you can see the results for yourself.
BEE International is experienced with every aspect of homogenization, and we are waiting to help you make your decision. For more information on homogenizer applications and how to achieve efficient and consistent results, download our FREE eBook: