Homogenization, also known as particle size reduction or micronization, is used across many industries – including pharmaceutical, chemical, food, and cosmetic -- to create stable emulsions and dispersions. And while this technology has proven – and continues to prove – to be very powerful and useful, the homogenization process is only as good as the equipment that is used to undergo the process. For this reason, it is critically important to properly care for your homogenizer equipment. Continue reading to learn more about how to care for your homogenizer equipment so you can reap the benefits of its many features for years to come.
Well-cared for homogenizers can last for many years, but only if they are properly maintained. High quality homogenizers – like the ones sold by us here at BEE International – should be on a regular maintenance schedule to ensure continuous working condition. In addition, it is important that your homogenizer is not immersed in water or exposed to harmful fumes.
In addition, there are a number of preventive maintenance tasks that should be regularly completed with your homogenizer:
- Regular replacement of motor unit brushes
- Lubrication of bearings using a liquid sample/medium
- Regular exterior cleaning of your homogenizer (using just soap and water is sufficient).
High Pressure Homogenizers from BEE International
BEE International offers a number of high pressure homogenizers to meet the needs of virtually every industry. Our homogenizers, which include the Nano DeBEE and Micro DeBEE, just to name a few, are ideal for just about any environment, including laboratory and R&D settings, pilot plants, and industrial manufacturing zones. In addition, our homogenizers offer the following benefits and features:
- Ability to scale up from research and development to manufacturing
- Unique processing set-ups to address specific processing challenges
- Dual Feeds to allow for the addition of abrasive and viscous materials
- Dual Jets that are capable for reducing particle sizes for the hardest of materials
- Pressurized feeds that allow formation and dispersion of final products in one step
- Increase in dense cross section of final products
- Better particle coating during formulations
Contact us today to learn more about our high pressure homogenizers and how they can help with particle size reduction in your industry. If you have any additional questions about proper maintenance for your BEE Homogenizer, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a member of our team.
Learn More About Homogenizer Applications
Whether you are trying to lyse cells more efficiently or reduce particle size more consistently, we have FREE eBooks written to help you achieve both goals. Download each by clicking on their covers below: