An emulsion is defined as a dispersion of one liquid into another immiscible liquid. An emulsion consists of two phases: the dispersed/internal phase and the continuous/external phase. Emulsions are created in a variety of In the world of oil emulsions, one of the liquids is aqueous and the other is oil. However, oil emulsions can be easily classified into three main groups: water-in-oil emulsions, oil-in-water emulsions, and multiple (or complex) emulsions. The type of emulsion formed is dependent on the amount of each phase that is present. Continue reading for a brief explanation of the various types of emulsions, and how BEE International’s line of high pressure homogenizers can assist with your next emulsification project.
- Water-in-oil emulsions consist of water droplets in an oil external phase. These are the most produced emulsions in the industry.
- Oil-in-water emulsions consist of oil droplets in a water external phase. These are often referred to as reverse emulsions.
- Also known as Complex Emulsions, these types of emulsions consist of water droplets suspended in bigger droplets suspended in a continuous phase.
High Pressure Homogenization for Nano/Micro Emulsions
BEE International’s line of high pressure homogenizers help with the creation of emulsions for a number of growing industries, including cosmetic, pharmaceutical, chemical, and food. Our high pressure homogenizers, like the DeBEE 2000, produce a homogenous mix of small, uniform particles for an evenly dispersed emulsion or mixture. Our equipment offers the following benefits:
- Ability to produce nano and micro emulsions
- Can achieve stable emulsions with droplet sizes below 100nm
- Extended product shelf life and efficacy of resulting emulsion
- Ability to vary shear force, impact force, and cavitation
- Sanitary design
- Modular design for lower cost replacement parts
- Validation procedures and documentation
- Data gathering capabilities
- Automated Clean In Place (CIP)
- PLC Control and monitoring for simple push-button operation
- Stainless steel enclosure
- Guaranteed scale-up from R&D to manufacturing
BEE International offers a variety of high pressure homogenizers for use in all manufacturing settings, including laboratory, pilot plants, and large-scale industrial production plants.
Contact us today to learn more about how our line of high pressure homogenizers can help with your application. For more information on how our high pressure homogenizers can assist with the emulsion process, download our free eBook, “Advantages of BEE Homogenizers for the Pharmaceutical Industry”: